Saturday, September 12, 2026

O&W Rail Trail, NY - Ellenville to Wawarsing

ABOUT THE PARK: 

DIRECTIONS: 
GPS Coordinates 41.71691, -74.38445
Parking at the Ellenville Little League Field.

TRAIL MAP: 

BIKE DISTANCES: 
O&W Rail Trail, NY - Ellenville to Wawarsing - 7.1 miles

THE BIKE: 
A right on the road from the parking lot leads directly to the trail straight ahead.
The trail follows along Sandburg Creek which flows into Rondout Creek.
After the private residence it is Rondout Creek.
Passing by Ulster State Correctional Facility.
Almost at the end of the trail there is a large prison cemetery.
This would be where the trail ends, at a bridge that is blocked off with Berme Road on the other side.
Heading back.
Coming off the trail I continued straight passing by the parking lot.  I had seen rail trail signs driving in and wanted to follow those.
The signs lead out to Canal Street and then there were no more signs to be seen so I turned back.
Back at the little league parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment