Friday, September 23, 2022

Adirondack Park, NY - Horseshoe Lake Wild Forest - Coney Mountain

ABOUT THE PARK: 
Bog River Complex - New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation
Tupper Lake Triad - Tupper Lake

DIRECTIONS: 
GPS Coordinates 44.100686, -74.529693

TRAIL MAP: 
Bog  River Complex East - New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation


HIKE DISTANCE: 
All three Tupper Lake Triad hikes completed in one day:
Mount Arab - 2.1  miles (1 mile each way)
Goodman Mountain - 3 miles (1.5 miles each way)
Coney Mountain - 2.1 miles (1 mile each way)


THE HIKE: 
Nearing the top of Coney Mountain ...
... which is a huge rock slap with views all around.
High Peaks
Heading back down.
The registration form has been submitted and Brodie will be getting his own patch.

5 comments:

  1. That Park is beautiful. I like the Coney Mountain views the best. Fall foliage just starting up there. A very long drive, but looks like it was worth it. I'm guessing, since you went on a weekday, the weekends are crowded. So you and Brodie saw your first snow. Show your patches when you get them! Thanks for posting. Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drive to Lake George was only about 4 hours but 2 more hours the next day to Tupper Lake then 6 hours home. Did you see the first hike I did at Lake George? 95 people signed the register last Saturday and not everyone signs in. That's insane! Yes, the weekends are very crowded which is one of the reasons I went during the week. I don't think I would ever go there on a weekend. You should have seen the Friday night traffic going that way when I was heading south to go home. Hardly any traffic on my side. But yes, definitely worth the trip.

      Delete
  2. Hi Daniela, I just found and looked at the Lake George Wild Forest pics. Wow, that was a lot of hiking. There are 36 named peaks in just the Lake George forest. I'm glad you found a hotel that was dog friendly. Looks like a plan for you and Brodie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there is one more hike that I haven't posted yet. I like to get a lot of bang for my buck, LOL. I always stick with either Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn since both are dog friendly and it's never an issue. Not the fanciest of places but all I need to do is sleep for a few hours and I am off hiking again so fancy isn't necessary.

      Delete
  3. Your are just trying to complete the Lake George 12ster peaks. At least many of the trails are not very long. Maybe someday, but I still want to hike some other trails in the Catskills. Abby can't hike too much anymore. 6 miles is about all I can do with her. But she's happy to be out. Good luck with the 12ster peaks.

    ReplyDelete