Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Middlesex Greenway, NJ - Miles 0 - 1.5 EB, Miles 2 - 3.5 WB

ABOUT THE PARK: 
Middlesex Greenway - Middlesex County 

DIRECTIONS: 
GPS Coordinates 40.539355, -74.368410
Parking lot at the western end of the greenway in Metuchen.

TRAIL MAP: 
Middlesex Greenway - Middlesex County 


HIKE DISTANCE: 3 miles (1.5 miles each way)

THE HIKE: 
This week was my 3 1/2 month post hip replacement surgery checkup with the surgeon.  I have no more restrictions, no more physical therapy and he just wants me to keep walking.  So on with the mid-week out of the neighborhood lunch time walks.
From the parking lot, right on the greenway.
Mile marker posts every quarter of a mile, ascending heading west.
There is even some wildlife here.
Crossing Pierson Avenue just before the Route 1 overpass.  The East Coast Greenway joins in from the left at this point.
Up and over very busy Route 1.
Our turn around point at mile marker 1.5 at Jackson Avenue in Edison.
The reverse side of the 1.5 mile marker post reads 2 miles as the mileage descends heading east.
Back over Route 1.
Coming back up on the parking lot.
Google Maps shows a dashed line heading east and although it is not paved, looks like there is a dirt path there that continues on.  I'll have to check that out another time.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the recovery is going so well. I've done the full length of the Greenway and I might be reading your post wrong, but I think where you parked is actually at the Western end of the Greenway in Metuchen, not the Eastern end.

    BTW, that I did follow that dirt path a ways beyond the parking lot. It wasn't very interesting or inviting and I turned around after about 1/2 mile. On google maps it looks like it goes for a few miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I get my east and west mixed up just like my left and right sometimes. Thanks for pointing that out. I made the correction. And thanks for the info on the dirt part. Some creepy guy jumped down from coming off railroad tracks up above and went that way so it seemed kind of shady anyway.

      Delete