Friday, August 30, 2024

Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary, NJ with Morristown National Historical Park

ABOUT THE PARK: 
Scherman-Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary - New Jersey Audubon Society (NO DOGS ALLOWED)
New Jersey Brigade and Cross Estate - National Park Service

DIRECTIONS: 
GPS Coordinates 40.74527, -74.55249
Upper Level Parking Lot

TRAIL MAP: 
New Jersey Brigade Area Trail Map - National Park Service


HIKE DISTANCE:  5.35 miles

THE HIKE: 
I had an appointment in Morristown and with it being the last Friday half work day of the summer I decided to incorporate a hike while in the area.  With Brodie not being with me it was a chance to revisit where dogs are not allowed.  I last hiked here August 26, 2017.
It was one of those very rare times that I did not have a plan so I just started wandering around beginning at the ...
... Field Loop Trail.
Passaic River
Taking the River Trail.
Entering Morristown National Historical Park the trail along the Passaic River continues although it is not on the New Jersey Brigade trail map.  There is actually a sign for it at the other end so it must be a newer trail.
A newer looking white blaze.
This bridge was out the last time I was here 7 years ago.
Heading away from the Passaic River on the Patriot's Path.
Looking back, the sign for the Passaic River Trail that I had been on.
Leaving Morristown National Historical Park and back into Scherman-Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment