Sunday, September 16, 2018

White Mountain National Forest, NH - Coppermine Trail to Bridal Veil Falls


ABOUT THE PARK AND CABINS:
White Mountain National Forest, NH - USDA Forest Service
Coppermine Trailhead - USDA Forest Service

DIRECTIONS:
GPS Coordinates 44.181188, -71.756568
Parking on the left at the beginning of Coppermine Road ...
... before the signs.

TRAIL MAP:
White Mountains Waterproof Hiking Trail Map - Map Adventures

HIKE DISTANCE:  4.9 miles

THE HIKE:


Right at the fork ...
... then left on the trail.
The trail really isn't blazed - this  is about it as far as blazes go, but it's very easy to follow.
The Coppermine trail soon meets up and follows uphill along Coppermine Brook.
A bridge over Coppermine Brook.
Coming up on the Coppermine Shelter.
Brodie was very intrigued by this ...
... and insisted on a thorough inspection.
A little beyond the shelter to ...
Bridal Veil Falls


Heading back down.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe Brodie wants to go backpacking? I can't wait to get back to the White Mountains some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Brodie does but I don't LOL! I might try to get back there once a year but why my GPS deemed it necessary to take me back on I-93 instead of I-91 is beyond me. I had to take I-93 going up because of the first hike but early on a Friday morning it wasn't bad. Going home that way on a Sunday afternoon, OUCH! Never going that route again.

      Delete
  2. I think Brodie was thinking that old Copper Mine shelter could be his next dog house back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha. Not that he has a dog house but if he did I am sure that would be an upgrade.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! I just discovered your blog. You are living my dream of traveling and hiking with your dog. LOVE the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are the second person in a week who has told me I am living their dream. I never thought of it that way. I should never take it for granted!

      Delete