Friday, September 14, 2018

White Mountain National Forest, NH - Base Camp


ABOUT THE PARK AND CABINS:
White Mountain National Forest, NH - USDA Forest Service
Josselyn's Log Cabin Getaway - Pet Friendly Cabins!

DIRECTIONS:
GPS Coordinates 44.433387, -71.489111
or
GPS address: 4 Blue Spruce Circle, Jefferson, NH 03583

HIKES:
I did not want to hike the crowded high peaks or more popular trails.  The trail head parking lots were more crowded than I had even imagined at 6 AM when I drove by on the way to my hikes and that would not have been my thing at all.  I had asked for local insider recommendation for lesser used trails on a dog hiking Facebook page and received some excellent suggestions.  Based on that, these were the hikes: 

BASE CAMP:
Gorgeous, pet-friendly cabins conveniently located right next to White Mountain National Forest.
Brodie and I stayed at the Wildwood cabin which actually sleeps 9-11 people.
You walk into an entry with ...
... one full and one twin bed off to the left.
To the right, the main part of the cabin with off to the right ...
... the master bedroom with a king size bed.
Brodie likes this place.
Dining Room
Kitchen
Double bed in the loft ...
and two twin beds in the loft.
Looking down from the catwalk.
Bathroom
Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment